SABnzbd file permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Yes I changed through the dataset. But if you look at the folders 'Complete', 'NZB' and 'scripts' they somehow have ACL permissions of which I know nothing about.
I cannot seem to change that folder now.
so I'm going to copy all my data to us drives reinstall altogether and start from absolute scratch. With clean discs.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Yes that's right I could not save anything past 'Complete', 'NZB' or 'scripts'. Also don't know why those folders have the plus after them!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
hmm, seems like a a lot of trouble. I would think a fresh plugin install would be enough. sorry never had this problem and I'm not of much help

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
i think its my fault I am using windows and have swopped between windows and unix shares so may have mucked up all my permissions

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
i think its my fault I am using windows and have swopped between windows and unix shares so may have mucked up all my permissions
not sure. idk how any of that works. I never mess with it...

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Joshua

I have both SabNZBD and Sickrage working together now.

I copied all data to USB Drives then deleted Volumes started again, Set my media folder to media (816) user and group after creating the user and my own user name for log in from my laptop.

I set up SabNZBD first then sickrage, i will go on to Add transmission and Couchpotato.

I believe it was all the mish-mash of permissions, as I originally set sll to Unix,but then to windows after I saw the iXsystems video on Jails . Everything is set to windows shares now apart from the Jails have set themselves to Unix.

My jail storage is as the attached file

one thing with Sickrage however if it doesn't recognize a show how do I add it, manually states the folder already exists.

Attachments

• Jail Storage.png
    Jail Storage.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 215

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Joshua

I have both SabNZBD and Sickrage working together now.

I copied all data to USB Drives then deleted Volumes started again, Set my media folder to media (816) user and group after creating the user and my own user name for log in from my laptop.

I set up SabNZBD first then sickrage, i will go on to Add transmission and Couchpotato.

I believe it was all the mish-mash of permissions, as I originally set sll to Unix,but then to windows after I saw the iXsystems video on Jails . Everything is set to windows shares now apart from the Jails have set themselves to Unix.

My jail storage is as the attached file

one thing with Sickrage however if it doesn't recognize a show how do I add it, manually states the folder already exists.
when you add the show folder it doesn't recognize it based on the folder name? maybe rename it based on thetvdb naming.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
You mean rename the folder, I believe it is originally as the TV DB, when I try to add that show manually doing a basic since word search it finds the TV show then when I accept that it then states the folder already exists. I'll try again as you state, and if not ill move the folder add the show then add back the contents.
Thanks again.
and merry Christmas.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
You mean rename the folder, I believe it is originally as the TV DB, when I try to add that show manually doing a basic since word search it finds the TV show then when I accept that it then states the folder already exists. I'll try again as you state, and if not ill move the folder add the show then add back the contents.
Thanks again.
and merry Christmas.
you're not adding it correctly. I believe you need to click it's an existing show.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Joshua

Already tried that, Tried through add existing and it couldn't find, however 'add new' found the show, when trying to add it states that it cannot add as the folder already exists.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Joshua

Already tried that, Tried through add existing and it couldn't find, however 'add new' found the show, when trying to add it states that it cannot add as the folder already exists.
hmm, strange.

you could rename the folders for now, add the shows and let it create the folders, then move in all the season folders, and do a full scan for each of those shows.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Figured it out. Remove some of the Series name and rescan i.e. delete enterprise from Star Trek Enterprise then you can pick from a list.

Seems if the spelling is not quite correct then it cant find; my folder was 'Star Trek - Enterprise' Sickrage wanted to see 'Star Trek Enterprise'

Status
Not open for further replies.