SABnzbd Container Configuration Woes

rkwallace

Dabbler
First of all I'm new to Truenas Scale and have very limited experience with Linux. I've researched my issue and fixed everything except for one thing. I'm running a SABnzbd Container and did the following:

1. Created dataset with complete and incomplete folders on pool /mnt/<pool name>/<dataset>/downloads/
2. Created SMB Share Drive /mnt/<pool name>/<dataset>
3. Created USER and GROUP with admin privleges
4. Assigned USER and GROUP to dataset
5. Installed SABnzbd application

My issue whereas I need help is although I can see both the complete downloads/complete and downloads/incomplete directories SABnzbd when I try to save the directories I get the following error "download_dir directory: /downloads/incomplete error accessing".

Any assistance provided is appreciated.

whodat

Dabbler
I'm running a SABnzbd Container
Do you mean you're using the TrueCharts SABnzbd App? Or a Docker container?

Either way, sounds like the user your SABnzbd process is running as, doesn't have permission to access your folder.

Per my TrueCharts SABnzbd App settings, mine runs with user & group ID's both = 568:
DioOpp6.png

My TrueNAS SCALE automatically configured a Group with ID = 568 named 'apps', and my directories allow that group to RWX as appropriate.

You can check your TrueNAS SCALE Groups settings in WebGUI > Credentials > Local Groups.

rkwallace

Dabbler
I’m using true charts sabnzbd and my security and permissions are the same as yours.
P.S. thanks for replying

rkwallace

Dabbler
I think I fixed it with your suggestions. I added the app group to my folder permissions and everything worked.
THANKS

brother_scud

Cadet
1) I have added the apps -568 group to the folder permission of the dataset of "HOME":
1674133155278.png

2) Exactly where it would be visible for the app? - no its not the home folder :(
1674133399597.png

thanks