dasti

Explorer
same problem here on metal : asrock c2750d4i with wd and seagate drives
definitively appeared with latest update

dashtesla

Explorer
same problem here on metal : asrock c2750d4i with wd and seagate drives
definitively appeared with latest update
Precisely, that's the bottom line we need a 11.2 install on hyper-v with passthrough drives to test it out see the difference.

PD_ANZ

Cadet
I have exactly the same issue. As it is a fresh install I will test with freenas 11.2 and see what the result it.

Kirk_K

Cadet
Same here. With 11.2 was OK.
SMART doesn't start automatically, but I can turn it on manually. It's very annoying to do it manually every time after the restart.
Same happening with SMB.

pnunn

Dabbler
Hi Guys, I know this is a bit old, but I'm back looking at this again.

my drives are all /dev/mfisyspdx and if I run smartctl -a I get Unable to detect device type.

This is odd, they are all spinning rust on a Dell 520 with them set up as JBODS.

I've now upgraded to TrueNAS core 12.0 RELEASE.

Any clues?

Fredda

Guru
As you did not provide many clues on your used hardware everything here is a guess.
(Please click on the big red link called "Forum Rules" on the top of this page to see what info to provide)

You're probably using a RAID card in JBOD mode which does not do SMART passtrough. This is not a
good operation mode for FreeNAS/TrueNAS.

If possible flash your controller to non-RAID (IT) mode. See also this excellent article:

pnunn

Dabbler
OK, sorry about that. I messed up.

The computer is a Dell PowerEdge R520 with a PERC H310 Integrated RAID Controller, Mini-Type.

It has 32 GB ram and two Intel Xeon E5-2407 v2 2.40GHz 10M Cache 6.4GT/s QPI No Turbo 4C 80W Max Mem 1333MHz.

It has 8 600GB sas drives and a small ssd for the OS.

The system seems to be running happily (apart from the SMART obviously). I see some stuff online about flashing the H310 to IT mode, which seems like an option, but I guess my question is, how important is it to do that?

Peter.

Fredda

Guru
The system seems to be running happily (apart from the SMART obviously). I see some stuff online about flashing the H310 to IT mode, which seems like an option, but I guess my question is, how important is it to do that?
That is explained in detail in the articel I linked in post #27. (See especially point 5)