Running out of storage space until reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I run a setup on FreeNAS with Sonarr and SABNzbd
I've run into a small issue with this setup.
The SABnzbd download folder is running on a small disk with only about 200GB space for downloads.
When Sonarr sends the downloads ton SABnzbd they are downloaded correctly, after that the downloads are correctly moved from the SABnzbd download folder onto a much larger zpool.
So, the files are now gone from the small 200GB disk, but the empty space isn't freed up - the free space still reads like the files are there.
I've tried stopping the plugins and starting them again, but it's only after I restart FreeNAS that the space is available again.
I've checked snapshots and recycle bin, but nothing seems to be out of order.
So what happens during the reboot that frees up the space? Can I do anything to prevent rebooting in order to free it up?

Last edited by a moderator:

styno

Patron
Does it free up when you stop the jail (and not only the plug-in?)

Does it free up when you stop the jail (and not only the plug-in?)

It does indeed free up the space when the SABnzbd jail is restarted

styno

Patron
As I suspected, for some reason a program in that jail is keeping the file handles occupied so they won't get released until that program is stopped.
What is moving the files after download? Maybe a post-processor that is holding the files?

As I suspected, for some reason a program in that jail is keeping the file handles occupied so they won't get released until that program is stopped.
What is moving the files after download? Maybe a post-processor that is holding the files?
The files are moved by Sonarr.
The downloads that are incomplete is in a folder called 'incomplete' when SABnzbd finishes the download it will be moved to 'complete'
Sonarr then moves the files to the correct location.
I would therefore say Sonarr is the one responsible for moving the files, however nothing happens when I restart the Sonarr jail, it is the SABnzbd jail that must be restarted to free the space.

The Download folder is currently shared as a Windows share, I tried adding a NZB file manually and then moving it away manually with a windows PC via the network share and this works flawlessly, the space is cleared immediately.
I would believe that it has something to do with the way Sonarr moves the files, but I can't quite figure out where the difference lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.