Rsynch to Windows ACL share

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian78

Patron
hi,

i have freenas v9.2.1.7 dataset with windows acl. I want rsynch from NETGEAR READY NAS to that dataset, but i always get:

Code:
rsync: failed to set permissions on "/old/aaa.txt" (in cetus): Operation not permitted (1)
Sep 20 11:04:54 fileserver1 rsyncd[62234]: recv_acl_access: value out of range: 9
Sep 20 11:04:54 fileserver1 rsyncd[62234]: rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at acls.c(1063) [Receiver=3.0.9]

i try run rsynch as root, and also not work. i must moved back to UNIX permissions (setfacl -b) and it work again...

when i rsynch before with freenas v9.2.0 (unix acl) all working well.

edit: i try to recursively remove windows acl but not work: "find /mnt/volume0/dataset/ -exec setfacl -d *" i get this output find: -exec: no terminating ";" or "+"

Can you pleas help me?

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
What is the rsync command you are running?
Note that using a '-A' (preserve ACLs) won't work because the ReadyNAS won't have NFSv4 (Windows) ACLs. Solution may be to run it without the '-A' (in which case you won't be preserving ACLs).
If you are syncing CIFS shares, then it may be a better idea to use robocopy as it will be less likely to mess up permissions.

marian78

Patron
I use on NETGEAR integrated rsynch backup and there is no field for auxiliary parameter. :(
And therefore i want to revert my freenas v9.2.1.7 windows acl datasets temporary to unix acl, then rsynch and then all datasets switch again to windowsacl. Then old netgear nas get to offline. but i dont know how to recursively convert windows acl dataset to unix acl. I try this but not work: "find /mnt/volume0/dataset/ -exec setfacl -d *" i get this output find: -exec: no terminating ";" or " "

edit: this work form e to reset tu unix privileges: find /mnt/volume0/test -exec setfacl -b {} ';'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.