resilvering takes days and never finishes

reintl

Cadet
Hi,

I have FreeNAS 11.1-U2 -- on an HP Z400 wth 16GB RAM and 4x 3TB harddrives from Seagate. ST3000DM001.
I boot from mirrored USB Flashdrives.. it is configured as RAIDZ1

Due to harddisk failure (ada0) I replaced the harddisk.
Because of the older type model, I replaced the disk with the same DM001, which was not empty, I had problems using "replace"
from the GUI...

I did not properly understand the messages, I read about this in the forum,... so I shutdown the machine, and put the new disk in a bay to erase the partition.
Placing it back, I could assign this as a replacement disk...

Now because of my interruption of an unfinished task, by erasing partitions and re-add the disk, I keep having a 'resilvering' status, for days now....

1566904918514.png

--
I only use this NAS as a backup system.

If I get my important information from it, I could just erase everything, and start from scratch...

I have 3 questions here:

1)
I did not manage to get rid of the UNAVAIL 102194... disk ... under 'replacing-0'
is there a brute force command for that?

2)
When I wipe all 4 disks, how can I keep my configuration of 'rlnas_Volume' and exported network-drives.
Can I just add the wiped disks and the configuration will automatically 're-initiate' itself?

3)
After bringing back alive and healthy the NAS, I want to update/upgrade to latest stable version.
I think best way for that is to be on the system itself, and upgrade from 11.1-U2 to latest stable version.
As I understand that will then upgrade both the mirrored Flashdrives, am I correct?

--

Thanks you very much for the help and suggestions.

Reint

reintl

Cadet
No, it is still in the DEGRADED state, even after letting it run for almost a month.

So I will remove all volumes and disk and remove the partitions and build from scratch...

Fredda

Guru
Looking at the output of the zpool status command it seems only one drive is still OK.
One drive is resilvering, two more drives are degraded. So it is no surprise the resilvering stopped.