SOLVED Resilio won't start when Btsync is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki_racer

Dabbler
I have had the Btsync plugin installed an in use for years. Now with the rebranding to Resilio, I would like to start using that plugin.

I would like to run them side by side so that I can get all the settings from the Btsync plugin moved over to the Resilio plugin. However, it seems that if the Btsync plugin is installed, the Resilio plugin will fail to start.

Is there a logs file from plugins failing to start? I'd like to figure out why it tries to start then fails.

As always, thanks for all the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I doubt the symptom you are describing is caused by both plugins being installed. unless they are installed in the same jail (where they are both trying to bind to port 8888), both plugins should be able to run independently in their own jails.

to prove I am right, run 'service resilio onestart' in the resilio jail =]
I assume resilio not starting is caused by unreliable communication between the resilio jail and the FreeNAS webui. you can test this by trying to pimg a host on your network from your resilio jail.
a possible solution to make networking more reliable is disabling VIMAGE and assigning an actuall interface to your resilio jail.

loki_racer

Dabbler
Edit After doing all that, I then ran "service resilio onestart" again and it seems to have started properly. Thanks for the help.

Resilio and Btsync by default both try to use port 8888. I changed the port used by Resilio to 8889. I also disabled VIMAGE and set an interface. Then I restarted the jail. No dice.

qqaxUtF.jpg

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
it doesn't matter if they use the same port. If they are in different jails those ports are on different IPs and therefore are different sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.