replication snapshots vanish

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

Cadet
Hi, I am having some trouble after upgrading to 9.3-stable-201602031011 with my replications. I didn't change any settings but the pull system started to do some strange things....

After the push system replicates snapshots to the pull backup system, the snapshots appear briefly on the pull backup system before completely vanishing. Once all the snapshots have erased themselves, the data is still on the drive but doesn't reference any snapshot so when it's time for the push system to send the next snapshot it replicates the entire data again. This continues until the pull backup drive becomes full. This all worked fine until I upgraded to 9.3.1 - stable - 201602031011.

my settings are:
push: snapshot every 1hr, life span 1hr, do not delete stale snapshots on remote side.

It's always worked where I only have 1 snapshot on push which is less than an hour old (so any large files which get deleted causes the space to free up within the hour), yet I have an archive of snapshots on pull. Push will auto prune snapshots every hour but on pull I manually delete snapshots as and when needed.

Whereas now, snapshots build up on push until they have all been transferred to pull. once the replication is complete, push deletes all but 1 snapshot (the most recent). Then pull deletes all snapshots while leaving the data intact on the drive. push then tries to fill up the free space with with next snapshot, ignoring the data that's already on the pull system, before long the drive fills to 100% capacity and needs to be formatted.

I reported this as a bug in the 'file a bug' section and received this response....

"This is happening because while the replication doesn't delete the snapshots, the snapshot system on the remote end does."

I don't quite understand how my settings worked fine pre 9.3.1 - stable - 201602031011 then immediately after updating my backup drive deletes all snapshots effectively rendering it useless. If anyone could shed any light on this I would be very grateful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.