Replication on PULL side says "0 snapshots found"

onlineforums

Explorer
I'm testing the replication feature from one FreeNAS box (Main) to another FreeNAS box (Backup).

I was successful in setting up the SSH Connection from the 'Backup' box to the 'Main' box (although I couldn't from 'Main' to 'Backup' which I thought was strange).

In any event, I have a snap shot at: 'pool/important-data' and I have created a periodic snap shot of this dataset. It shows up in my 'Main' FreeNAS box in the snapshots with "auto" in the snapshot name (ie: 'auto-2020-04-29_19-00') and when I click on it I can see it references 100GB. This is on the 'Main' system. The snap shot is there on Main of the pool/important-data dataset (there are no sub datasets of important-data for this test).

I went over to my 'Backup' FreeNAS box, created a new dataset at 'backuppool/replication' and then went to Replication page. I used the drop down of SSH Connection to select the 'Main' box and then the Source dataset tree populated (so I know it is successfully SSH'ing into 'Main' FROM 'Backup'). I then go down the tree to find 'pool/important-data' and upon check marking that dataset it displays in red "0 snapshots found." It will let me continue by selecting Destionation (on this system) and finding the 'backuppool/replication' dataset, next, complete, etc.

When the task comes up it FINISHES but says STATE column "Running" in orange/yellow followed by "Finished" in Green. Of course, it did this all within a second (and not 100GB worth of data transfer) and when I check the 'backuppool/replication' dataset there is absolutely nothing in there. I was expecting to see Main's "important-data" dataset in read only mode but there was nothing.

The problem MAY have something to do with when I try to setup the semi-automatic SSH Connection from 'Main' to 'Backup' it times out. However when I did 'Backup' to 'Main' it was successful which is why I am initating al of this from the 'Backup' side as a PULL rather than a PUSH. But again, a PULL from 'Backup' from 'Main' in replication DOES populate Main's pool and datasets to choose from so seems like SSH is talking

Any suggestions?

AlcSi

Dabbler
Same issue here. Didn't test a PUSH yet, but the from the PULL side, with a working SSH connection, it shows '0 snapshots found' when selecting folders, be it with "Recursive" enabled, or not.
Note that I double checked that there are snapshots on the 'pulled' side (the 'Main' server; to use the same terminology as OP).

EDIT: From PUSH side, I am able to create an SSH connection too, but it tells me there are no snapshots either !
As it will create them, I'm guessing it's OK and will work, but, can someone give insight as to why it doesn't see/use the existing snapshots I've been doing daily for years ? Or is it simply expected behaviour ?