Replication Failed After Quota Size Increased

ryan0413

Cadet
I recently increased the quota size of a dataset and started dropping data into it (computer backup from personal laptop). This dataset is also replicated to an offsite dataset. However, I am now receiving the error below when trying to replicate the larger dataset over. I have looked through the settings on the replication task and the dataset on the target machine but not seeing any options to fix the issue. Has anyone come across this before? Thank you for your help!

Replication "tank1/ds2/computer_backup/computer_backup - tank3/tank1_ds2_backup/computer_backup/computer_backup" failed: cannot receive resume stream: destination tank3/tank1_ds2_backup/computer_backup/computer_backup space quota exceeded..​

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-27 095418.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 095418.png
    7 KB · Views: 68

Arwen

MVP
Looks like you need to increase the quota on the receiver end.

The original replication more than likely copied all the dataset attributes, including quotas. But, it looks like incremental replication does not update the dataset attributes.

Yeah I think @Arwen is right but I also think attributes are/can be sent just not necessarily in the correct order. My guess is that new data is being sent and running out of space before it has the ability to up the quota. Manually lifting the quota on the replica dataset should fix it.

Arwen

MVP
Yeah I think @Arwen is right but I also think attributes are/can be sent just not necessarily in the correct order. My guess is that new data is being sent and running out of space before it has the ability to up the quota. Manually lifting the quota on the replica dataset should fix it.
Yes, that makes more sense.