Replication Dialog missing "Remote Auth Token" Field [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg3

Dabbler
Hi,

I have two FreeNAS instances, one running 11.0-U2 on a VM and one running 11.0-U4 on bare metal. I want to copy over the >1T of data from the VM to the bare metal system. I've read in the User Guide about Replication and I see that I need to generate an auth token on the target (bare metal) system. However on the source system there's no place to put the token in the Replication dialog. My dialog doesn't look like the image in the doc. Here's mine.
Xvjno

Xvjno

I still don't see it after turning on "Show Advanced Fields By Default" in the System > Advanced page.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this a known bug?

I looked at rsync but it would be pretty slow (singlethreaded). I know I can break it up but ... I was hoping to check out this new feature.

Redcoat

MVP
The dialog you are looking at is the Semi-Automatic Setup Version (see 8.3.2). The manual version of 8.3.4 has the field to which you refer.

Reactions: jg3

jg3

Dabbler
The dialog you are looking at is the Semi-Automatic Setup Version (see 8.3.2). The manual version of 8.3.4 has the field to which you refer.

Yes! That was it. I didn't realize there were two types of replication and that they were differentiated by the "setup mode". When I changed that drop-down to semi-automatic, I see the expected field.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.