Replication causes frequent collectd errors on a path that doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterTacoChief

Explorer
I've created a replication server that is backing up the contents of the disk /mnt/VOL0 to the location VOL0/Backup on the backup server (which has a fresh install and the U2 stable train updates). During replication it seems to think it has recursively created another VOL0 directory within this Backup location (but this path appears to be empty).

After replication completed the first time I've been seeing this error every 10 seconds in the system log:
Code:
Mar 11 21:27:27 nas-backup collectd[49827]: statvfs(/mnt/VOL0/Backup/VOL0) failed: No such file or directory

When I check within the FreeNAS web GUI it appears to think there is a /mnt/VOL0/Backup/VOL0 path (which has no contents), but when I login to the console and check there it actually does not exist. Deleting the VOL0 in the GUI only helps until the next replication when it reappears.

I just tried adding this directory through the console and at least for now the errors have subsided, but I won't know if it's a permanent fix until the next replication occurs.

I have a second array (VOL1) that I also tried on and it resulted in the same behavior: /mnt/VOL0/BackupVOL1/VOL1 that didn't exist. I added a VOL1 directory there for now too.

Did I configure something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterTacoChief

Explorer
Were you able to figure this out?
I updated this system to Corral, so I don't see it anymore. I never did figure it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.