Replication Broken Across Servers

DrewN

Dabbler
I’ve got 4 FreeNAS Servers. Server A replicates to server B, server B replicates to server C, Server C replicates to Server D.

all servers are on most recent release, 11.3

the problem started when server c, out of nowhere started reporting errors replicating to D. A couple days passed, then b had problem replicating to C. I could not figure out the issue, so upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3 on all servers. Now, none of the servers can replicate as set.

I wiped the replication tasks, attempting to start them from scratch.

Now I’m unable to setup the replication tasks.

I select the source dataset. Then go to destination dataset, and select the ssh connection and keypair, and the drop down to select the dataset never populates. Eventually i get a ‘call error’ and it just won’t let me pick the destination set.

when looking at the log, it appears to be some sort of ssh authentication issue. I tried creating the key pair and ssh connection from scratch, but no go.

I didn’t change any ssh settings between when working and when not working. I can ssh from one server to the other, so ssh is working.

I’m not sure how to remedy, this is one of the most frustrating troubleshooting experiences I’ve had. Where do I go from here?

(All servers are Supermicro x9,10, or 11. All have minimum of 16 cores, 128gb RAM. Brocade ICX switch, mellanox NIC’s. FreeNAS 11.3-U2)

Last edited:

DrewN

Dabbler
Trying to do a ZFS send|receive, I get broken pipe response.

I wiped all key pairs again, all ssh connections, and manually assured/root/.ssh reflected.

checked root in users section of UI. New key is in place.