Can't replicate to localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMuchData

Contributor
Trying to setup replication to localhost from ts140vol/test to ts140tank/testBackup. Both exist. Have necessary snapshot task and manual snapshots (base, incr01, incr02) for ts140vol/test. Have viewed public key and pasted into root user. Have used SSH Key Scan to get it into the task document. ssh -vv -i /data/ssh/replication localhost does not request password. However, replication task shows status "Waiting" forever.

Another server successfully replicates to this server and never shows "Waiting", only "Up to date" or "Succeeded". Both servers run 11.0-u3. No errors or anything else in log of ts140.

If ssh into ts140, this sequence works:
jalperin@ts140:~ % su
Password: xxxxxxxxx
root@ts140:/mnt/ts140vol/home/jalperin # zfs send -Rv ts140vol/test@base | zfs receive -Fdu ts140tank/testBackup

So does this:
jalperin@ts140:~ % su
Password: xxxxxxxxx
root@ts140:/mnt/ts140vol/home/jalperin # zfs send -Rv ts140vol/test@base | ssh localhost zfs receive -Fdu ts140tank/testBackup

I'm lost in space and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What if you try 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost?

TooMuchData

Contributor
Thanks, Eric.

No change with 127.0.0.1. Just sits there waiting.

Same for 192.168.0.XXX (the DHCP reservation, how I refer to the ts140 box from my other FreeNAS server, which is successfully replicating to ts140).

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Any errors in the logs?

TooMuchData

Contributor
:) Thanks, again, Eric.

The replication has begun and is now successful with no further changes to the replication task.

The replication task was truly waiting for a periodic snapshot. Turns out that manual snapshots will not trigger the initial replication, and any periodic snapshot involving the volume/dataset (whether from the periodic snapshot task used to create the replication task or some other recursive periodic snapshot task) will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.