SOLVED Replacing HTPC-Manager with a different fork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Dabbler
I just stumbled across a fork of styxit/HTPC-Manager that's in the plugins section. Hellowlol/HTPC-Manager has a few modules I want and seems to be updated more frequently.

I am at a loss on how to replace the version in my jail with this. Can someone please point me in the direction?

I've tried deleting the HTPC-Manager folder in /usr/local/share/htpc-manager and cloning the new repo in, but it's not working.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just stumbled across a fork of styxit/HTPC-Manager that's in the plugins section. Hellowlol/HTPC-Manager has a few modules I want and seems to be updated more frequently.

I am at a loss on how to replace the version in my jail with this. Can someone please point me in the direction?

I've tried deleting the HTPC-Manager folder in /usr/local/share/htpc-manager and cloning the new repo in, but it's not working.
that's pretty much what you should do, and if you execute the steps perfectly it will work.

make sure the old process is stopped, delete /var/db/htpc-manager, replace the folder in /usr/pbi/htpc-manager-amd64/share/htpc-manager and make sure the naming is the same. finally make sure the same 'media' user owns the newly installed files so it can self update.

Gavin

Dabbler
that's pretty much what you should do, and if you execute the steps perfectly it will work.

make sure the old process is stopped, delete /var/db/htpc-manager, replace the folder in /usr/pbi/htpc-manager-amd64/share/htpc-manager and make sure the naming is the same. finally make sure the same 'media' user owns the newly installed files so it can self update.

There seems to be two locations though. Should I replace them both? or should 1 location left empty?

/usr/pbi/htpc-manager-amd64/share/htpc-manager/HTPC-Manager
/usr/local/share/htpc-manager/HTPC-Manager

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
There seems to be two locations though. Should I replace them both? or should 1 location left empty?

/usr/pbi/htpc-manager-amd64/share/htpc-manager/HTPC-Manager
/usr/local/share/htpc-manager/HTPC-Manager
no, just the one I specified. the init script references that one only.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
great =]

Status
Not open for further replies.