Repeating error on the console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build: FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64 (fdbe9a0)
Platform: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3420 @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 16323MB

I'm not sure where to post this so I picked the Sharing folder as it deals with CIFS. I connected a monitor to my FreeNAS box and I'm seeing the same error repeating over and over on the console. My CIFS shares are accessible and everything seems to be in working condition. The error is:

{Date/Time} FreeNAS smbd[####]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionsgss_accept_sec_context failed with [ Miscellaneous failure (see text): Failed to find cifs/freenas.{domain}(kvno 9) in keytab MEMORY:cifs_srv_keytab (arcfour-hmac-md5)]

This is a box for home use so I'm not using keytab for AD, I just entered the username and password for AD. I tried to enable keytab following the instructions but that had no effect on the error message scrolling by. Should I be worried about this message?

socos

Dabbler
I see this error whenever I have a client that is failing to connect to a share. One example scenario: Lets say you have a drive mapped to a share. You mess around with some settings in CIFS, stop/start the service. Your client will then lose its connection during this process (as expected). But it usually takes either a logout/login to reconnect the share, OR if you're lucky sometimes it decides to reconnect on its own. In the meantime you get those kvno errors until you get a successful connection to the share.

I also get this error with an issue I posted earlier today:
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/cifs-share-only-accessible-without-dns-entry.23214/

TL;DR: If I join FreeNAS to my domain and a DNS entry exists for my FreeNAS box. I am unable to connect to my CIFS shares with my domain accounts. I get prompted for username/password and the kvno errors start popping up like crazy. Deleting the DNS entry for FreeNAS restores access with domain accounts. The kvno errors also stop.

Thanks for the info, it was a VM client that was trying to access my FreeNAS. Once I restarted the VM the error went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.