Recognizing drives in web interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead

Cadet
Hi,
I just setup a 8-drive NAS using version 8.3.1. I was able to create a zpool using volume manager. the created volume is viewable under volume manager. When click view disk button, the web interface shows a blank screen though the drives are recognized using the command lne on the NAS itself.

these are WD red 3T drives and I didnt do any patitioning nor formating before connecting them to the NAS. In old version of FreeNAS 7.xx, when raid was created the web interface will format the volume. The interface of 8.xx changed quite a bit and I dont seem to find an option to format the volume after it is created.

Can someone who is familiar with ver 8.xx advise how to get the web interface recognize the individual drives? Thanks in advance.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Are there any messages in the log? Have you tried a reboot? It sounds like maybe something's a little wrong.

Egghead

Cadet
Hi,
sorry I was out of town and didnt get a chance to check back.

I was able to resolve the issue. it was the web browser. After switching to firefox, everything show up correctly including viewing the disks. It appears v8.3.1 does not work well in IE. - blank disk view and dead screen in web based shell.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.