Read performance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugenbr

Cadet
Hi,

I built a storage machine using freenas. At first time, it was running ok. I could read files from it and write in a good performance using gigabit ethernet.

However, since one of the drives failed, I replaced it and now I'm getting some crap performance from it. I can't read large files from network. I've tried to
download some files from it, thru a macbook, and it freezes finder in a way that I have to restart the machine.

Tried also thru scp from them, but got some ridiculous performance in a way that i got "stalled" status message from it. And wasn't able to download the file.

I'm running a setup with 3 1TB disks in raidz1. It's a athlon x2 machine with 8GB of ram.

test some iperf tests, I could get ~80MB/s from gigabit and thru wifi ~15MB/s...

Before I replace the HD, I was already experiencing this bad performance, when the status of the zpool was degraded. Now that it
is online, it keeps this bad performance.

The web GUI was kind of freezing, but now it seems more stable, but with some slowdowns, considering that it's in LAN.. I feel it is pretty slow.

Any idea of what might be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

StephenFry

Contributor
It is still resilvering maybe?

mugenbr

Cadet
Nope, it already finished. It took me 6~7hs to accomplish it... the raidz is online.

Status
Not open for further replies.