Rclone v1.45 with FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Convict

Dabbler
Hi,

To begin with let me clarify that my knowledge to FreeNAS is very limited.

I want to use Rclone v1.45 with FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 but i can't make it work. I'm testing it in a vm environment which comes from fresh install plus one extra Striped VDev of 20GB for testing purposes.

Lets start from my first and most crucial question :

Is native Rclone version on 9.10.2-U6 working with Cloud Storage Providers eg "Google Drive" and "OneDrive" Also can i update it to v1.45 ?

Thank you.

D

dlavigne

Since rclone is part of the base system, you need to keep your FreeNAS version updated to have the latest versions of all of the base apps. I see that 11.2-RELEASE uses rclone 1.44 (and that the FreeBSD pkg is 1.43) so it is worth adding a feature request (bugs.freenas.org) to get a bump in the rclone version for the next FreeNAS update.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6
This is an older version of FreeNAS. Why are you trying to use it?
The current release version is 11.2 and you should not expect any updates to the old version.

Convict

Dabbler
I started if i remember correctly with v.9.10.1 in 2016.

Till now , based on my workflow , has proven rock solid . My setup is very flat ,simple call it as you want. Act as File Server with scheduled replications and offsite backups. I'm very close , 79% to be precise to 80% usage "limit" .

That's why i have the need to use THE Cloud to store my data till i change my setup to 3-way Mirroring or RAIDZ2 with 4 disks and why not to keep it as a safety belt for future use.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The version 11.1 of FreeNAS includes integrated functions for backup to certain "cloud" providers.
It might make things easier for you if you upgrade.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Otherwise, simply download the rclone binary, unpack it to a convenient directory, and call it with the explicit path to that directory. There's no need for a jail in this case. But I'd also recommend upgrading to a current FreeNAS version.

Convict

Dabbler
Judging by your answers it's better i think to start using rclone when i update my NAS to 11.2-Release.Till then i will be using rclone for Windows that is working flawless.

I'll come back if problem persists after the update.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Judging by your answers it's better i think to start using rclone when i update my NAS to 11.2-Release.Till then i will be using rclone for Windows that is working flawless.

I'll come back if problem persists after the update.
You probably want to take it in steps instead of going all the way from 9 to 11.2 in one leap. It really is a big change.

Convict

Dabbler
Not steps, Baby steps.

With 400GB of data,i can easily copy them to an external location, create the appropriate "test bed" with a clean install , test to the power of three and then copy them back to safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.