Radarr v3 inside a jail

joncy92

Explorer
Just a quick one - has anyone managed to get Radarr v3 (aphrodite) working inside a jail yet?
I have mono 6.8 and Sonarr v3 running perfectly well but Radarr will not update to v3 and throws this error in the log:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/tmp/radarr_update/Radarr/NzbDrone.Update'.

I've been searching for days and can't find an answer

1ccs-todd

Dabbler
Radarr-Aphrodite is built on .NET Core. Which is not fully developed for FreeBSD based OS' (i.e. FreeNAS).
Until .NET Core is developed for FreeBSD, we will not be able to run Radarr-Aphrodite in a jail.
Currently, the only way to run it on top of FreeNAS is via Virtual Machine. Either build your own Ubuntu VM and add the .NET Core packages or setup for Docker and use one of the pre-built Radarr-Aphrodite containers that are available.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
hmm strange how you have sonarr working but apparently radarr is not supported. ehh...

So for that error you have, what part of the path is missing?

joncy92

Explorer
Thanks for the responses

Radarr-Aphrodite is built on .NET Core. Which is not fully developed for FreeBSD based OS' (i.e. FreeNAS).
Until .NET Core is developed for FreeBSD, we will not be able to run Radarr-Aphrodite in a jail.
Currently, the only way to run it on top of FreeNAS is via Virtual Machine. Either build your own Ubuntu VM and add the .NET Core packages or setup for Docker and use one of the pre-built Radarr-Aphrodite containers that are available.

I'm still quite noob with FreeBSD and FreeNAS. I understand docker is not as efficient as iocage jails so would it be better to leave it on V2 until .NET Core has been developed?
Do we know if one is being packaged?

Thanks

1ccs-todd

Dabbler
Thanks for the responses

I'm still quite noob with FreeBSD and FreeNAS. I understand docker is not as efficient as iocage jails so would it be better to leave it on V2 until .NET Core has been developed?
Do we know if one is being packaged?

Thanks
Radarr V3 is not recommended for regular/production use. It is still in alpha stages and should only be used for testing and submitting bug reports.

For a regular use Radarr server, definitely stay with v2 for now.

hertzsae

Contributor
I've heard there is work being done to bring .NET Core to FreeBSD. Do you know of a good spot to watch the progress of that project?

zamana

Contributor
I've heard there is work being done to bring .NET Core to FreeBSD. Do you know of a good spot to watch the progress of that project?

UPDATE: and maybe a case of success (if you feel brave enough):

joncy92

Explorer

UPDATE: and maybe a case of success (if you feel brave enough):

These links also led me to this:

I don't know the technical knowledge of FreeBSD or the time to try to get this working but if anyone else in the community does try please let us know how you've got on

Any news on v3 in a jail?

alexr

Explorer
Bump. Following Jason Pugsley’s instructions doesn’t work for me in either a jail or a FreeBSD 11.4 VM.

colmconn

Contributor
I have two instances of Radar V3 running quite happily in a jail (12.1) under mono 6.8.0.105. I upgraded both to V3 from V2 using the built-in updater by choosing the nightly branch. Previously I had one running quite happily in an 11.3 jail without issues. So it is doable.

alexr

Explorer
pkg is still back on 5.10. So, there's no port maintainer for mono then?

colmconn

Contributor
In the thread about manually upgrading mono there’s a link or two to mono packages. You could try one of those

sretalla