Questions about installing Adaptec Drive management software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug183

Dabbler
I have a 1U Dual Xenon server with an Adaptec 3085 SATA/SAS card installed. (This card has built in driver support in FreeBSD.) Connected to it is 16bay drive chassis. The issue is FreeNAS 8.2 doesn't seem to see the drives.

I am under the impression that I need to install StoreManager software from Adaptec to first turn the Raid Card to JBOD mode, and then I assume connect the drives to the card. Perhaps this is not correct, please let me know.

Now, I have downloaded the correct version of Adapter StoreManager for FreeBSD, but I can't figure out how to install it in FreeNAS. Please forgive me here as I understand only rudimentarily what I am typing in FreeNAS Terminal window. I know I am supposed to get into the shell and install it through command lines, but I can't even figure out how to get the USB drive which has the StoreManager software on it, to mount properly in FreeNAS. I keep getting errors and then finally FreeNAS says its only "read only"

Any help would be appreciated. I have a few more questions, but will wail to hear back on this one first.

Thanks
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.