qBittorrent | deluge | fLOOD

redsmoke

Cadet
So I have been looking for days now for solution. I really hope I have not missed it, if so I am sorry.
I got one torrent working couple of days ago, downloaded 100%, but the other did not work.

.torrent file work on other machines.

The setup:
intel i5, 64gb ram DDR4. Two pools, first is 2x8TB and second is 3x1TB.
TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1
qBittorent v4.6.2 web ui

Part from adding and "mounting" a dir in APPS/EDIT --> Storage and Persistence --> Additional App Storage I do not change anything.
Enabled = yes | CHOWN and CHMOD 775 = yes | mount path in pool excist and for the symlink I choose an easy one ( /downloads ).

Tested with both link and file. Start up most of the time up to 5mb/s then fast down to 0 b/s and red mark beside and text Errored. I have reviewed the log file for qBittorrent but it is emty.

I should mention that the SCALE system seems much more instable than CORE i ran before. Often that Apps stop at 25 % or keep showing "Deeploying" for ages. To that edge so that I actually deleted the ix folder once and created a new one in apps GUI again. That atleast fixed some speed/crash issues. But the above qBit remains :(

Any thoughts and/or solutions?

Thanks

redsmoke

Cadet
SOLVED

So. Today after work I was making some more trys. I added the user 568 (apps) to wheel even (Not recommended! but can work if your just trying to fix a error in the process).
It seems to be some kind of credentials error and/or error regarding Storage Configuration. I did use the TrueNAS version now and not TrueCharts so some versions below. also I did not use "Additional Storage". I used "qBittorrent Downloads Storage" whish I do not recall seeing in the TruCharts version, altho I could be wrong.

So if you have the same error. You could try the same, whish again is:

1. Uninstall Trucharts version and install the TruNAS version.
2. In storgade configuration, qBittorrent Downloads Storage --> Host path --> choose your path/pool.
3. Enable ACL ; ACL Entries: GROUP | 568 | Full_CONTROL_access

Dnt forget to think about security after you tested if this works!