SOLVED Pydio or other webGUI for viewing shares on FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecttothis

Explorer
I came over from BuffaloNAS boxes that have a webGUI for accessing files remotely, so naturally I was interested in setting up Pydio or something similar. I installed it in my FreeBSD 11.0 jail that I have a hardened FAMP instance on. However, like I imagined, Pydio doesn't see the shares I have setup on Freenas (11.0-U2). I am assuming that this is because it's a Jail and that is by design. If that can be worked around to be able to access my shares on my FreeNAS install then let me know.

Alternately, it seems pretty frowned upon to install things like Pydio on the FreeNAS install directly, but I can't think of any other options. I do see plugins on FreeNAS for owncloud and nextcloud. Would installing those plugins have the same problem or would I be able to install one of them and access the shares on my FreeNAS install?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

objecttothis

Explorer
@dlavigne I did not add storage and from the documentation that appears to resolve my problem. Now my problem is that my jail is on the same volume that my NAS storage is and it won't mount the storage because of this. Since I created my volume using the entirety of my disk space, I'll need to do some searching around to see if I can change the size of the volume without losing it's content so that I can create a new volume and follow the instructions here (https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...to-move-my-plugin-jail-to-another-pool.32906/) to then move my Jail so that I can add storage and have it actually mount. Thanks for getting me going in the right direction.

@Jailer, I will take a look at the tutorial. I do have Pydio up and running on the FAMP instance, so I'm thinking that its just a matter of adding storage and connecting the two.

Thanks again for the help. Some of this is a failure to RTFM instead of SkimmingTFM and some of it is not planning the server build completely ahead so that I could prepare for how I was going to access the data.

objecttothis

Explorer
Nevermind, I didn't need to try to reduce the size of the volume to create a new volume and move the jail. I just needed to add storage at the level of the share so that the directory structure didn't include the jail.

I was originally trying to setup the structure like so
/mnt
--/NAS(POOL) <-- Add storage here
----/DATASET1
----/DATASET2
----/DATASET3
----/JAILHOME

Which of course doesn't work because jailhome is in that same pool. Instead I just added storage three times to my jail and that has worked just fine.

/mnt
--/NAS(POOL)
----/DATASET1 <-- Add storage here
----/DATASET2 <-- Add storage here
----/DATASET3 <-- Add storage here
----/JAILHOME

Status
Not open for further replies.