ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Boot from SD.

grone

Dabbler
I've previously posted about being unable to boot from USB, despite being able to boot both CORE and Debian from USB.

Can anyone provide some insight on if I can do the CORE SD boot from grub trick to point to the USB boot drive somehow?

homer27081990

Patron
Hello again! SCALE runs on Linux, which boots from GRUB, so if you managed to install just GRUB on the SD and configure it to load from the drive in question, it should work, I think. See here, here and here. Its a rather obscure area, so there are not many completely up-to-date articles, but the main theme should be the same.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The biggest problem I found when trying to use this trick (albeit under rather different circumstances, though still using a MicroServer Gen8) is that grub.cfg is very poorly documented. All the documentation I could find assumes (and all but mandates) that it's generated by another piece of software, and you'd never be manually creating it--so there probably isn't going to be much help if you have problems. I think this is the guide I used:
...and some of my posts are here:
and here: