Problems with ISCSI

zeezoo

Dabbler
Hello,

I've got a little problem with ISCSI configuration. Not sure if it's from Truenas or my personal PC. It's Windows 10 machine.

So - I've set up ISCSI target as file (not as ZVOL) for my mobile phones backup. It was working great for many years, and at some point during backup my computer froze, hard reset was necessary. Since then I am unable to connect to this ISCSI target successfully. Windows task manager shows I/O at 100%, the drive is visible but I have no access to it. I tried waiting few hours but there's no improvements. Even disk manager is frozen and I can't do anything with this particular partition. I tried other programs as well but it is just no accessible from that particular PC. Funny enough - I can connect to that target from any different machine - Windows 10,11, Linux etc. Just my personal PC won't work with it.
I did try creating new ISCSI targets on that server (both file and zvol) with smaller sizes (1GB, 2GB) as a test and I'm facing the same issue.
I deleted all iscsi config and also cleaned all entries in Windows registry (related to ISCSI) but still no success.

It works, however with my second Truenas server ISCSI targets with 0 issues, so I'm suspecting configuration issues in Windows.

Did anyone face something similar and found a fix? I really don't feel like reinstalling Windows right now.

Regards,
zeezoo