Problems with AD + CIFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone .

Before I start explaining my problem I will say that I have read the DOC and also I have tried to find a solution in the forums with no luck... I will try to put on as much info as possible and hopefully someone will be able to help me :)

Involved machines:

Virtual server acting as DC of SIS domain with ip 10.0.0.15 and named email.sis
Freenas Server with ip 10.0.4.68 and named email

After modifying the AD settings, I managed to turn on the AD servicec without problems:
View attachment 1117
View attachment 1118

I guess that I did this part well as if I go to the DC machine and list the computers I can see the freenasserver:

View attachment 1119

Also, if I open the freenas shell and type the verification commands I can see data such as:

Code:
[root@freenasserver] ~# net ads info
LDAP server: 10.0.0.15
LDAP server name: email.sis
Realm: SIS
Bind Path: dc=SIS
LDAP port: 389
Server time: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:10:48 CEST
KDC server: 10.0.0.15
Server time offset: -228
[root@freenasserver] ~#

Therefore I understand that there is comunication between the freenas and the DC server, I even can list the users or groups:

Code:
aWiltshire
ma***
em***
vo***
r****
je****
[root@freenasserver] ~#

Code:
[root@freenasserver] ~# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret for domain SIS via RPC calls succeeded

Up to here, everything seems ok, although, when I try to set permissions in a previously created volume, freenas hang "forever" and I have to cancel or wait until I get an error; the same thing happens when I try to open the CIFS settings, I manage to turn the service on and of but when I click the settings button, it hangs the application...

View attachment 1120
View attachment 1121

I have reinstalled freenas various times but didn't manage to get it working... I hope someone can give me a hand...

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.