Problems Updating Freenas (and Plex)

ssimon86

Cadet
Hello Everyone,
I built a Freenas server years ago with the intent of running Plex, and everything has been running smoothly since. I was able to update Plex via the PMS_Updater script, but it seems like that no longer works and a new manual install is required. This finally incentivized me to update my system from 11.1 to 11.3, and update Plex. Unfortunately, I'm having lots of trouble:

1. I've been unable to update as there seems to be no room on my 8gb USB boot drive. It says I've used 4.1gb out of 7.4gb even though I deleted all of my old freenas versions. I have no clue why it is taking up so much space. Any advice on the best way to remedy it? It's been a while since I set Freenas up, so I am a bit rusty on nearly everything... even if I were to backup my config and do a fresh install. I'm wondering if someone can help me with how to free up space on the boot drive so I can install 11.3.

2. I've seen some methods of updating Plex via SSH which I can figure out assuming I follow the steps in the video. Do I need to upgrade to 11.3 first? I still think it's worth being able to update freenas, but would primarily like to get my plex working again.

If someone can help hand hold a little bit through the process, it would be greatly appreciated. Can do it here or via DM.

Thanks so much in advance.