Problems accessing data folder of owncloud freenas 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems being able to access the owncloud data folder from a windows share.
I successfully installed owncloud plugin on freenas 9.1, and everything is working correctly.
The user data by default is being stored in /volume/jails/owncloud_1/media

If I attempt to browse to this folder using windows share, I get a permissions error.
If I change the permissions on the folder, then owncloud gives an error, that people have access to it.

I have attempted to create a dataset, set the permissions, and specify additional storage thinking maybe thats what I am missing, but i am confused.

Can anyone assist in how to share the data folder, so that I can browse to it from my local lan.

D

dlavigne

What are the permissions on the share and what is the name of the volume/dataset which is being shared? What is the home directory of the user trying to access the share?

The problem I am having is owncloud plugin installs, and the data is located /volume1/jails/owncloud/media
I cannot access that folder from windows share, etc. if I attempt to change any permissions on that folder, owncloud stops working, saying that the permissions will allows others access.

I want to use rsync to backup the users folders to a second freenas box, but cannot access that folder.

The other issue I am having is that I cannot change or set the data location for owncloud. If I install owncloud full release on my webserver, I have an option to choose the data location. However when I install owncloud plugin within freenas, I do not have any options.

Status
Not open for further replies.