Problem with ARP

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all hello and thanks for everything, I recently build and configured a FreeNas 9.2.1.5 on my network and everything is working fine, I did the integration with DC (Windows Server 2003) and again everything is running perfectly, but when I tried to install the plugin owncloud, I came across a very estrange message form the console, actually it fills up the entire syslog it tells the following:

Jun 2 20:00:16 NAS kernel: arp: 168.10.1.1 moved from 00:19:99:0d:ea:7c to 00:19:99:0d:ea:7d on re0
My question has nothing to do with the plugin, and I think it has nothing to do with the freenas itself but I can’t understand why I keep having this message.

The Nas is in 168.10.0.7 with 255.255.0.0, the machine 168.10.1.1 is the server 2003 and it has a BASP virtual adapter with two network cards with the 2 MAC addresses that appear on the message

My question is: Does anyone knows what is going on with this BASP adapter? I have as second server with the same hardware and also the BASP Virtual adapter and I have no error message from it but tie one from the server is creating a massive amount of traffic or collisions in the network

Any ideas of what is going on?

I know this problem is not related to the freenas equipment but maybe someone knows how to interpret this message
Thanks in advance
Vicente

c32767a

Patron
The FreeBSD kernel is telling you the MAC address associated with the IP 168.10.1.1 changed. Typically, ARP mappings do not change during normal operation, so the FreeBSD kernel will emit a message to let you know when it does, as this could indicate a problem on your network.

Is that ethernet address - 00:19:99:0d:ea:7c the address of your windows machine? or your NAS box? What IP range is specified in the plugin section of FreeNAS? The plugins will need their own IP addresses on your network. You want to make sure you give the plugin manager a range of IPs which are not in use.

If that's not it, then I would talk to someone who knows windows to verify your BASP configuration on your windows server.

Status
Not open for further replies.