Problem with 1 program + freenas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

termi

Cadet
so ive set up a freenas 8 box, 8 gig ram, 4x2TiB drives, Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3, Giga ethernet.

made the volume, zfs, raidz2 etc. etc. made users, made groups, cifs share all that jazz

it all seems to be behaving nicely except one thing

my girlfriend uses Avid Media Composer (which is a fairly hardcore piece of video editing software, used by a bunch of tv networks worldwide) and for some reason it spits out a couple of errors whenever she tries to save anything to the freenas cifs mount

heres what she gets

Exception:
@ Fri Nov 04 01:10:45 2011
* Exception: FILE_OTHER, filename:Y:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1\msmFMID.pmr
* Exception: SYS_ERROR, status:50, msg:The request is not supported.

now the only thing i can think is its something to do with how it fucks with permissions etc. ive noticed all the local/windows shares have padlocks on them when avid is done to them, i can view them and fuck with them, but they seem different

possible references :http://community.avid.com/forums/p/95079/543913.aspx

just as a note, the software works fine saving to internal drives, a windows shared folder on a different machine, and an external windows drive on its own machine and an external network machine, it seems only the freenas box isnt having fun with it for some reason, also in windows/other programs it seems to save/read from the share fine

info notes:
cifs service is on
ea support is on for cifs
ive tried both the volume, and the dataset volume as mount points, and tried both with unix and windows ACL

help would be appreciated because i love the idea of freenas and would try and do anything i can to get this working

Status
Not open for further replies.