Private Game cloud with truenas scale

wili4m

Explorer
Hi.

I thinking create a private game cloud on my truenas scale, any easy guide or link I can learn? The goal is I can play high games in my old pc. Only for my local network.

Many tanks

Davvo

MVP
It sounds like you're describing something like Steam Remote Play.

You'd still need a high-end gaming PC to process the game and graphics, and even the client PCs should have a decent GPU that support hardware decoding of H264 video.

wili4m

Explorer
It sounds like you're describing something like Steam Remote Play.

You'd still need a high-end gaming PC to process the game and graphics, and even the client PCs should have a decent GPU that support hardware decoding of H264 video.
Yes something like that, but not only steam, also xbox and other games. Of course if trunas can doit than I can upgrade become hi end gaming pc.

Than my old pc can play directly (streaming/remote)

Davvo

MVP
There is no point in using ZFS (which focuses on resiliency), as a gaming platform (which focuses on performance). You can do the same thing better (withouth all the parity calculations and the complexity of virtualization) with a windows machine, but in the end if you want two users to play simultaneously you need to have the hardware to support two gaming rings.

The way I see it, either building a single gaming system or using GeForce NOW are the best options.

wili4m

Explorer
There is no point in using ZFS (which focuses on resiliency), as a gaming platform (which focuses on performance). You can do the same thing better (withouth all the parity calculations and the complexity of virtualization) with a windows machine, but in the end if you want two users to play simultaneously you need to have the hardware to support two gaming rings.

The way I see it, either building a single gaming system or using GeForce NOW are the best options.
too bad GeForce NOW not ready in my country.
maybe i will go build 2 gaming pc.