Power loss while Restoring Factory Default , now boot looping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJT211

Patron
I was having a few probs configuring FreeNAS on my original installation so I decided I would start over completely after I found the official FreeNAS Youtube vids.

I had just started a "Restore to Factory Default" when my asshat roomie accidentally unplugged my server (it was partially my fault too, shouldnt have had it out in the open like that....regardless, he's still an asshat).

I had already configured my ZFS volume on my HD and from what I understand ZFS + Power loss = BAD. So now im stuck and my system wont get me to any point to do anything about it. I seem to be able to halt the process to access Free BSD's Boot manager command line but im completely stuck at this point. I believe I just need to reformat my disk and I'll be able to start over. I just have no idea of how to go about doing so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

indy

Patron
Cant you just install Freenas again and recreate the pool?

danb35

Hall of Famer
That'd be my suggestion--just do a fresh install (ideally to a new USB drive) and boot from that. See if it will import your pool (it probably will).

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Indeed. Make a new USB boot drive, and auto-import your pool.

JJT211

Patron
Oh thats excellent news, I thought the USB was read only. Thx!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Oh thats excellent news, I thought the USB was read only. Thx!

Nothing is truly read-only unless there's a physical switch that connects the NAND chips' R/W line to whatever is appropriate for Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.