poor vmxnet3 10gb performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

modder man

Cadet
I have been struggling quite a bit to get the performance I would expect. Intial tests of my cifs share show 600MB/s read and 180MB/s writes. Since then I have been using iperf2 to test between freenas and another vm an the fastest I have gotten it to go is 3gb. I cannot understand what is limiting the network speed but only in one direction. I am looking for suggestions of what I should be looking at with this.

I found a thread on here with a bunch of tuneables for 10GB and have completed all of those. the VM has 8 cores and 48GB of ram. The array consists of 24 3TB disks in a 3x 8disk z2 configuration.

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you asking a question or making a statement?

If you are asking a question it would be best to include some details per our forum rules and reword your question so we can offer you some assistance.

Cheers!

modder man

Cadet
First post updated. Just looking for suggestions or pointers. Have been fighting with this on and off for two weeks. I have narrowed it down to the point where I believe it is a BSD issue I just don't know what else to configure or tweak to try to get better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.