Pool Unavailible after reinstall newes Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Cadet
Hi im new to this forum and new to freenas , been running it for some month and are happy with the software . Workes very well as media server , sharing for my mediaplayer . have 5 3tb running in raidz1 and already stored 7 tb i cant loose :eek: .. only thing i have been trying to increase is bandwith.. wich rigth now is not the issue . Basicly im very noob on this , gamer using windows and hardware i know ..

I dont see this issue in any thread . I was going to update : FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p2 too newest version : FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x64 , some error accured so i just shut down and tryed reinstall instead . After this i cant autoimport my volume , when i write Zpool import in shell i get :
State: Unavail
Action : The poolcannot be imported . access the pool on a system running newer software , or recreate the pool from backup .

This is happening in both older and newest version Pleace Pleace help :confused:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
How about you post system specs.. you know, like the Forum Rules say?

I'm going to take a guess... you have less than 6GB of RAM?

Rocket

Cadet
How about you post system specs.. you know, like the Forum Rules say?

I'm going to take a guess... you have less than 6GB of RAM?

Im sorry about not reading the roules all the way , its read now. thanks for fast reply
I have Intel i7 920 with 12265 MB Ram ,on a Asus rampage II Extreme trippel channel ram board , 5 new 3Tb red disks . and operating system at a memory stick.

Rocket

Cadet
Omg , reinstalled so many times and didnt noticed it was older version , just picked the one in top of download list . Many thanks , this time i thougth i fucked it up with interupting upgrade . guess it takes more to dammage this raid :cool: many thanks , sorry for this noobing ;p Awsome program, before this noobing this i found every issue posted . Great support :)

gpsguy

If you can't afford to loose the data, you need to implement a backup plan ASAP. RAIDz <> backup

have 5 3tb running in raidz1 and already stored 7 tb i cant loose

Status
Not open for further replies.