Pool unavailable: One or more devices is currently unavailable

Hello, I need help with my zfs pool. Last night I accidentally unplugged a sata power from one of my drives overnight and didn't think much of it until today I woke up to me not being able to just do anything with the pool.

Code:
root@hatsu ➜  ~ zpool import
   pool: BouncyBins
     id: 16993821584551277802
  state: ONLINE
 action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier and
    the '-f' flag.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
 config:

BouncyBins  ONLINE
      mirror-0  ONLINE
        sdc2    ONLINE
        sdb2    ONLINE

root@hatsu ➜  ~ zpool import -f BouncyBins
cannot import 'BouncyBins': one or more devices is currently unavailable

Arwen

MVP
Welcome to the forums!

You can try these and let us see the output;
zpool import -fFn BouncyBins zpool import -fFXn BouncyBins

Note that this will not import the pool, we just want to see the error messages.

Next, full hardware details please. This should include make & model of the disks, and connection method, (aka SATA motherboard port...).

Hello, thank you :D

My specs are:
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G
RAM: (48GB) 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Storage: 1x SSD KINGSTON SHFS37A, 2x Seagate IronWolf 4TB (ST4000VN006-3CW1)

All drives are connected to the motherboard SATA ports.

The commands didn't write anything:

Code:
root@hatsu ➜  ~ zpool import -fFn BouncyBins

root@hatsu ➜  ~ zpool import -fFXn BouncyBins

Welcome to the forums!

You can try these and let us see the output;
zpool import -fFn BouncyBins zpool import -fFXn BouncyBins

Note that this will not import the pool, we just want to see the error messages.

Next, full hardware details please. This should include make & model of the disks, and connection method, (aka SATA motherboard port...).
Hello, so I rather had bought new drives since I don't really trust these Seagate IronWolf and I bought 2x Western Digital Red Plus 4TB. So really the only goal right now would be to get the BouncyBins pool to mount read-only so I could read the data and just copy them. Could you help me with that please? I'm just really lost right now.

Could there be some hope to recover data by somehow reading them since I can read some data with zdb? Atleast it can find my encrypted dataset (FishTank)
root@pop-os:~# zdb -AAAAA -ddddd -e BouncyBins | grep FishTank
FishTank = 389

Arwen

MVP
You can try to import the pool with;
zpool import -fF BouncyBins
It does not appear that extreme measures, (the "X" option), are needed. The pool will be degraded because of the missing disk, but assuming your other disk has no bad blocks, you would have no data loss.

Note that you can, for data security reasons, make a 3 way Mirror. Simply replace the existing "failed" disk with one of the Western Digital Red Plus 4TB. No need to actually re-make the pool. Whence that disk is fully synced up, you can add the second Western Digital Red Plus 4TB as a 3rd Mirror. Or replace your existing Iron Wolf disk to keep the protection level at 2 disks in a Mirror.

Now all that said, it is worrying to some degree that you "lost" a disk in the first place. This indicates some instability in the hardware. New server hardware most of the time needs a "burn-in" period. Like running the memory test for several days, or running one of the various disk test scripts.

Umm, I'm getting a bit scared now haha. It says one drive is unavailable but I think that might be by me running "zpool clear" (Im stupid).

Code:
root@pop-os:~# zpool import -fF BouncyBins
cannot import 'BouncyBins': insufficient replicas
    Destroy and re-create the pool from
    a backup source.
root@pop-os:~# zpool import 
   pool: BouncyBins
     id: 16993821584551277802
  state: DEGRADED
 action: The pool can be imported despite missing or damaged devices.  The
    fault tolerance of the pool may be compromised if imported.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
 config:

BouncyBins                                      DEGRADED
      mirror-0                                      DEGRADED
        gptid/666aefeb-465f-11ee-8fcf-bdeded6adda2  UNAVAIL
        sdb2                                        ONLINE

Note that you can, for data security reasons, make a 3 way Mirror. Simply replace the existing "failed" disk with one of the Western Digital Red Plus 4TB. No need to actually re-make the pool. Whence that disk is fully synced up, you can add the second Western Digital Red Plus 4TB as a 3rd Mirror. Or replace your existing Iron Wolf disk to keep the protection level at 2 disks in a Mirror.
How would I do that? If that would help me

Arwen

MVP
I am not sure what is happening. Your pool should import if only 1 disk failed. But, the ZFS Import seems to imply that their is a problem with the "ONLINE" disk too.

Based on this, I will have to defer to someone else to assist further.

Whattteva

Wizard
From the status you posted in the other thread. It looks like your data is fine. You just have to resilver the sibling drive in the vdev.
Perhaps you should post that here too for other people to reference.

From the status you posted in the other thread. It looks like your data is fine. You just have to resilver the sibling drive in the vdev.
Perhaps you should post that here too for other people to reference.
How would I resilver the drive? I think the pool has to be imported for that but mine can't import for some reason.

Whattteva

Wizard
My bad, I actually read that post wrong. I didn't realize that the status output was empty and then you executed import right after.

That's okay, do you have any idea what could help I'm really lost since the drives are okay it's just the like zfs stuff got messed up.