Plugins stuck in off, 'some error occurred'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary Johnson

Dabbler
Hey,

Total noob, but totally a noob who's spent a lot of time on this error and come up empty.I cannot change my plugins to 'on' anymore. I realize that this is not an uncommon issue, so I was hoping that someone might be able to repeat the explanation, but in simpler terms :). I appreciate any help offered.

Although possibly unrelated, this occured after I did a hard shut down--roommates complaining about internet--then proceeded to install BitSync later on after turning it back on. BitSync was set to 'on' for a bit, but then ended up as solidly 'off' with the rest of them.

Best,
Zach

Zachary Johnson

Dabbler
New development: the icons associated with the plugins have disappeared, leaving the stock image (grey puzzle piece?).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sounds like your FreeNAS installation may be trashed then. Or your web browser is somehow screwing up thanks to caching or something.

Zachary Johnson

Dabbler
Ya, I moved my USB containing the OS inside the box--for looks of course--right after I hard shut down. I'm going to hope that it's that easy. I did attempt to install a new plugin I hadn't had before--MiniDLNA--and it seems to be working. Interestingly, it now shows as the only plugin under the side-bar's 'plugin section.' Although, the others are still listed under the 'plugins tab.'

Kind of weird all around.

Zachary Johnson

Dabbler
Deleted everything and redownloaded. That's my solution for tonight. Sometimes it pays to be a noob because noobs have less valuable crap that they can destroy. Night.

Zachary Johnson

Dabbler
Hey, so, I deleted all plugins and reinstalled. They (new plugins of same programs) still will not turn on. Any ideas?

I am no longer getting the "some error occured" message when I flip them to 'on,' but they still will not turn on.

For some reason, BitSync (redownloaded) and MiniDLNA (not sure if i had this installed prior to deletion and reinstall--it's all a blur) are turned on, so they're the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.