Plugins - No Entry Has Been Found - Searched forum nothing helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrick

Explorer
I'm stuck and not sure what I can check next. This was working as I did have plex and minidlna installed but didn't use them so un installed the plugins some time ago.

Today I tried to install the medibrowser plugin but just get "no entry has been found".

I'm running
  • FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35)
  • AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
  • AD integrated
  • CIFS
  • Static IP
    • 192.168.0.140 for the NAS and 192.168.0.141 for the Jail on a /24 subnet mask
I have checked DNS resolution using both my DNS server and 8.8.8.8 and FQDN are being resolved to IP's in both cases.

There doesn't appear to be anything un toward in the /var/log/messages file other than some SNMP stuff

I have tried several different URL's in the Collection URL setting.

Rebooted multiple times but still it wont work?!

Is it possible that I screwed things up when I un-installed the plugins. How can I verify I haven't?

TYIA

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

berrick

Explorer
Thanks for the reply.

No, no plugins are showing. Installed or otherwise.

I have already tried the URL you show for the repo and others but like I say "no entry has been found".

I wouldn't know where to start checking for leftover jails. In the gui there are none showing :(

DOH! I just noticed there is no plugin service when I go to services tab SO i will lookin to this and report back

Last edited:

berrick

Explorer
The no plugin service is a red herring? Thats only available after succeful install/config of a plugin?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Not having a plugin service is a red herring--there isn't one. I'm not sure why you're having trouble, but this isn't it. How does your jails configuration look?

berrick

Explorer
Jails currently look like this
FreeNASJail.jpg

This is really puzzling!

I created a fresh Freenas in vmware and I get the exact same problem. If i open a web browser on a PC and paste the following http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/pbi-meta/pbi-repo.rpo it downloads the file. I can ping download.freenas.org from the FreeNAS shell and name resoultion works but I can't get a list of plugins in the gui it just keeps stating "No entry has been found"

danb35

Hall of Famer
Any particular reason you aren't running the current version of FreeNAS? And is the IP range you entered (0.141 to 0.254) free of conflicts with, e.g., the DHCP server on your router?

berrick

Explorer
None of the IP addresses used by Freenas are duplicated. DHCP server controls a scope way below .140

I'm not running the current version because I built the NAS with 8.2, upgraded to 9.1.1 and it just worked.

berrick

Explorer
Defo seems to be some weiredness going on with Freenas. Both my physical FreeNAS 911 and the VM freenas 911 I created as a test failed to locate any plugins even using the URL listed above YET when I upgraded the VM FreeNAS to 928 the Plugins where listed using the same URL???

Status
Not open for further replies.