Plugins and Jails - General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Holt

Cadet
Hello, I'm thinking of buying FreeNas Mini, one of the great things about FreeNas is trying it out first. The plugins are a real attraction to me. However, I see they're installed in jails, and I think i get that. However does that mean data produced by in a plugin has no way out except through the plugin itself? For instance sickbeard triggers an nzb download. Can sickbeard see nzbd downloads rename them and the put them in a public dataset outside the jail? My little experiments seem fraught with all kinds or permission problems. I'm looking for my limitations before i spend an entire day working on something that is impossible.
Maybe there is a different way I need to look at it?
Thanks.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Yes all data can be shared across jail. To do this just mount the same data set in all the jails. Permissions could get difficult but it can work.

Steve Holt

Cadet
Sweet, thanks for the update. Do you have a resource that you can point me to that talks about mounting outside FSs from from within jails?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Its configurable using the GUI under the jails section. That's how everyone does it. Super easy just define your paths outside the jail and inside the jail.

Steve Holt

Cadet
Sweet thanks for the info, took a little work, but everything i needed was in the gui like you said. Pretty slick. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.