Plugin installations fail.

ajkelsey

Dabbler
The short story is that I decided to add a drive so my main pool would have a larger capacity and I could use the smaller drives for plugins. Part of this involved installing a PCIe SATA controller. I connected all drives except my boot drive to the SATA controller. I was able to boot, transfer my pool that was on two 500 GB drives to two 1 TB drives. Both in a mirrored configuration. I then attempted to install plugins on one of the 500 GB drives and they failed. I decided to reboot to see if that helped and and when TrueNAS came back online, the drives connected to the new controller were not seen by TrueNAS. I decided to connect 3 of the drives back to the onboard SATA controller and remove the new PCIe controller. I am still unable to install plugins. Prior to these changes, I had no issue with plugins. I did uninstall them before I added the new hardware because they needed to be moved.

Open Speed Test has been the plugin I have been trying to install while troubleshooting this issue. Here is the error:

Error: OpenSpeedTest had a failure Exception: GitCommandError Message: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/openspeedtest/iocage-plugin-OpenSpeedTest-Server.git /mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/OpenSpeedTest/plugin stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/OpenSpeedTest/plugin'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/openspeedtest/iocage-plugin-OpenSpeedTest-Server.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com ' Partial plugin destroyed

The searches I have made online suggest that I need to configure a DNS server and configure a the router for the plugin. My current conifguration for TrueNAS is to get it's DNS servers from DHCP. I have confirmed this by viewing the contents of resolv.conf:

# Generated by resolvconf
search local VanDeventerPark
nameserver 192.168.2.1

The name server is the DNS resolver on my router. I have configured the the default router for the plugin to the same address. I also tried specifying a DNS server and default gateway in Network>Global Configuration.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.