Plug In's

Griffey

Dabbler
So I went to move my MineOS plug in from one pool to another. Un-install and re-install. Now I get 2 error's. Both in really long script.

Error: mineos had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dmodule_root_dir=/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dnode_engine=v8', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '--depth=.', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '--no-parallel', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '--generator-output', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args 'build', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Goutput_dir=.' npm ERR! gyp info spawn args ] npm ERR! gyp info spawn gmake npm ERR! gyp info spawn args [ 'BUILDTYPE=Release', '-C', 'build' ] npm ERR! In file included from < built-in >:400: npm ERR! :12:9: warning: '_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI' macro redefined [-Wmacro-redefined] npm ERR! #define _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI 0 npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! :7:9: note: previous definition is here npm ERR! #define _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI 1 npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! In file included from ../src/main.cpp:3: npm ERR! In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:174: npm ERR! ../../nan/nan_callbacks.h:55:23: error: no member named 'AccessorSignature' in namespace 'v8' npm ERR! typedef v8::Local Sig; npm ERR! ~~~~^ npm ERR! In file included from ../src/main.cpp:3: npm ERR! ../../nan/nan.h:680:39: warning: 'IdleNotificationDeadline' is deprecated: Use MemoryPressureNotification() to influence the GC schedule. [-Wdeprecated-declarations] npm ERR! return v8::Isolate::GetCurrent()->IdleNotificationDeadline( npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! /root/.cache/node-gyp/20.9.0/include/node/v8-isolate.h:1291:3: note: 'IdleNotificationDeadline' has been explicitly marked deprecated here npm ERR! V8_DEPRECATE_SOON( npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! /root/.cache/node-gyp/20.9.0/include/node/v8config.h:550:39: note: expanded from macro 'V8_DEPRECATE_SOON' npm ERR! # define V8_DEPRECATE_SOON(message) [[deprecated(message)]] npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! In file included from ../src/main.cpp:3: npm ERR! ../../nan/nan.h:2536:8: error: no matching member function for call to 'SetAccessor' npm ERR! tpl->SetAccessor( npm ERR! ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~ npm ERR! /root/.cache/node-gyp/20.9.0/include/node/v8-template.h:816:8: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'imp::Sig' (aka 'int') to 'v8::SideEffectType' for 7th argument npm ERR! void SetAccessor( npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! /root/.cache/node-gyp/20.9.0/include/node/v8-template.h:809:8: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'imp::NativeGetter' (aka 'void (*)(v8::Local, const v8::PropertyCallbackInfo &)') to 'v8::AccessorGetterCallback' (aka 'void (*)(Local, const PropertyCallbackInfo &)') for 2nd argument npm ERR! void SetAccessor( npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! In file included from ../src/main.cpp:3: npm ERR! In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:2884: npm ERR! ../../nan/nan_typedarray_contents.h:34:43: error: no member named 'GetContents' in 'v8::ArrayBuffer' npm ERR! data = static_cast(buffer->GetContents().Data()) + byte_offset; npm ERR! ~~~~~~~~^ npm ERR! 2 warnings and 3 errors generated. npm ERR! gmake: *** [diskusage.target.mk:112: Release/obj.target/diskusage/src/main.o] Error 1 npm ERR! gyp ERR! build error npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack Error: `gmake` failed with exit code: 2 npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:209:23) npm ERR! gyp ERR! System FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 npm ERR! gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" npm ERR! gyp ERR! cwd /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage npm ERR! gyp ERR! node -v v20.9.0 npm ERR! gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v10.0.0 npm ERR! gyp ERR! not ok npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: /root/.npm/_logs/2023-11-12T16_41_04_532Z-debug-0.log node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1051 throw err; ^ Error: Cannot find module 'daemonize2' Require stack: - /usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1048:15) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:901:27) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1115:19) at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:130:18) at Object. (/usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js:3:14) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1241:14) at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1295:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1091:32) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:938:12) at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:83:12) { code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND', requireStack: [ '/usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js' ] } Node.js v20.9.0 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos: WARNING: failed to start mineos Partial plugin destroyed

I'm not posting the second one. It's basically the same. My question to the community is this. Plug In's are that dead? I've been reading along the lines of that dating back some time. Is this a TrueNas thing or a MineOS thing? And lastly. If I'm going to be using this Plugin. Should I switch to Scale? I'm running 4 different servers from this thing and planning on a few more. Thankfully I have backups saved.

Thank you.

Where did you ever get the idea that plugins are dead?

(This board needs a "smirk" emoji.)

As for Core, you have two options:
  1. Create and manage your own jails manually
  2. Use a script (found in the resources and in some users' signatures) to streamline some jail installations and setups

You'll still have to maintain your jails, even if you use a script to get started.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Plug In's are that dead?

Griffey

Dabbler
Well. It's been a few days now. I went in the boot environments and went back to the install that I had back in March. Still the same thing. Just says failed to start. Kinda learned a lesson. Don't delete a thing off of one pool until you know it's working on the other one. Darn thing. All I wanted to do was move it. Haha.

Griffey

Dabbler
Just sitting here kinda laughing a bit. You would think Microsoft, would have had a thing to make Minecraft servers on virtually all stuff by now. Comes to show it looks like they're more interested in making money instead of making cool stuff that makes money? But I guess it is 2023 isn't it? I gotta find a way to get this back up and running. I have nearly 60 people waiting for this to get back up. This AMP thing I keep reading about might have to suffice. This system for the NAS part is flipping sweet. I'm glad I found it and I'm here. This game thing on the other hand. May have made a few more grey hairs then I needed and is annoying my wife with how much I'm working on this in my spare time. You would also think that IX would have this as a selling point for all of us dads and others that run these Minecraft servers. Just kinds sad.

victort

Guru
Check out this script.

Griffey

Dabbler
Check out this script.

I'm going to try to install the version I had when I started this train. Then, I'll do that.

Griffey

Dabbler
Nothing worked. So I had to figure out how to get it to revert back to Windows based. I'm kinda bummed to say the least. But, its working again. I'll just try again some day.