PLEX

shogun56

Cadet
Plex is having problems I cannot claim it. Below are the suggestion from plex . From the trunas CLI if have gone down to
cd /mnt/PLEX-MEDIA/iocage/jails/plexmediaserver/root.
however this is a far as I can go, because the next part of the path is PLEX MEDIA SERVER a path I do not know how to traverse. because in that folder is the Preferences.XML file which PLex says to edit. below.
Does ANYBODY KNOW how to do that???
If I cannot get this I will have to go to another type of plex server.

Linux​

1. Quit/exit your Plex Media Server, so it’s not actively running
  2. In your text editor, remove the following attribute/key pairs from the Preferences.xml file:
    • PlexOnlineHome="1"
    • PlexOnlineMail="jane@example.com"
    • PlexOnlineToken="RanD0MHex1DecIm4LtoKeNheR3"
    • PlexOnlineUsername="ExampleUser"
My email addresses are vincent.king.miller@gmail.com, or pevensies56@gmx.com

Isma

Contributor
Plex is having problems I cannot claim it. Below are the suggestion from plex . From the trunas CLI if have gone down to
cd /mnt/PLEX-MEDIA/iocage/jails/plexmediaserver/root.
however this is a far as I can go, because the next part of the path is PLEX MEDIA SERVER a path I do not know how to traverse. because in that folder is the Preferences.XML file which PLex says to edit. below.
Does ANYBODY KNOW how to do that???
If I cannot get this I will have to go to another type of plex server.

Linux​

1. Quit/exit your Plex Media Server, so it’s not actively running
  2. In your text editor, remove the following attribute/key pairs from the Preferences.xml file:
    • PlexOnlineHome="1"
    • PlexOnlineMail="jane@example.com"
    • PlexOnlineToken="RanD0MHex1DecIm4LtoKeNheR3"
    • PlexOnlineUsername="ExampleUser"
My email addresses are vincent.king.miller@gmail.com, or pevensies56@gmx.com

Go to your 'preferences.xml' and add this line

allowedNetworks="your ip local of truenas/255.255.255.0" and modify the mask if needed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Preferences MachineIdentifier="a4xxxxxxxxxxxxxx5f09" ProcessedMachineIdentifier="21b59bxxxxxx00f" TranscoderTempDirectory="/transcode" OldestPreviousVersion="legacy" AnonymousMachineIdentifier="4e09xxxxxx92" MetricsEpoch="1" GlobalMusicVideoPathMigrated="1" DvrIncrementalEpgLoader="0" PubSubServerPing="92" CertificateVersion="3" CertificateUUID="456axxxxxa5" LanguageInCloud="1" allowedNetworks="192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0" AcceptedEULA="1" FriendlyName="xxxxxxxxxx" PublishServerOnPlexOnlineKey="1" PlexOnlineToken="txxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" PlexOnlineUsername="xxxxxxxx" PlexOnlineMail="xxxxxxxx.com" LastAutomaticMappedPort="0" FSEventLibraryPartialScanEnabled="1" FSEventLibraryUpdatesEnabled="1" ScheduledLibraryUpdatesEnabled="1" ManualPortMappingMode="1" LogVerbose="1" MergedRecentlyAdded="1"/>