Plex Won't Start In Jail

Chris McDowell

Dabbler
This was working before fine. The subnet changed with a new router from 10.0.1.0/24 to 10.0.20.0/24. After changing most everything that I could find to work with the change I noticed that Plex and a few other jails were starting but the applications were not starting in them. I don't quite know where to look to begin on this issue. The logs in /usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Logs don't seem to be much help. Anyone have any ideas on what caused this?

Code:
root@Plex:/ # service plexmediaserver status
plexmediaserver is not running.
root@Plex:/ # service plexmediaserver start
Starting plexmediaserver.
root@Plex:/ # service plexmediaserver status
plexmediaserver is not running.
root@Plex:/ # 

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Change the nameserver address in /etc/resolv.conf in the jails to reflect your new gateway address.

Chris McDowell

Dabbler
It looks correct there.

In Freenas...
Code:
Generated by resolvconf
search mydomain.net
nameserver 10.0.20.1
nameserver 216.146.35.35
nameserver 74.82.42.42

In Jail...
Code:
# Generated by resolvconf
search mydomain.net
nameserver 10.0.20.1
nameserver 216.146.35.35
nameserver 74.82.42.42

Chris McDowell

Dabbler
I created a new jail and installed Plex onto it. It started up fine and I was able to pull up the web browser for it. I have some other jails that are configured and transmission starts, openvn starts and flexget starts. OpenVPN is working and pulling up the alternate ip. I cannot connect to the web interface for either transmission or flexget though, with OpenVPN being up or down. I could probably remake these jails but I would like to avoid that and figure out what went wrong...

Chris McDowell

Dabbler
I could not figure it out and ended up just remaking the jails and reconfiguring them. That did it and they are working fine now.