Error Starting Plex (After Reboot) - pam_start: system error

NAS777

Dabbler
I followed this great guide https://www.ixsystems.com/community...to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-11-2-jail.19412/
but after I rebooted I get this error

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# jls                                                                                                               
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path                                                                          
     1                  plex                          /mnt/leftside/jails/plex                                                      
[root@freenas ~]# jexec 1 tcsh                                                                                                      
root@plex:/ # service plexmediaserver start                                                                                        
Starting plexmediaserver.                                                                                                          
login class 'daemon' non-existent, using default                                                                                    
su: pam_start: system error                                                                                                        
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver: WARNING: failed to start plexmediaserver                                                      
root@plex:/ #  

I have tried pkg remove plexmediaserver and then reinstalling but no matter what it gives me the same error message

Any help is greatly appreciated

NAS777

Dabbler
Sort of. It is currently working however I am afraid to reboot. I 'fixed' it by removing the jail and following the guide again. This is the 3rd time to rebuild it (2nd reboot)

ThreeDee

Guru
why don't you just use the plugin and save yourself some headache? You can modify the plugin to get the "latest and greatest" if you want to later

NAS777

Dabbler
why don't you just use the plugin and save yourself some headache? You can modify the plugin to get the "latest and greatest" if you want to later

I did this originally and was told to use the link i provided. This is so irritating

I restarted and got the exact same PAM error as in the first post.

ThreeDee

Guru
remove plex .. back up config .. fresh install of latest FreeNAS and just try the plug in again. That is what I'd do as I don't know programming stuff and what not to delve into code and fix the problem by hand.