Plex with multiple mount points

Ukaros

Cadet
Hey everyone
Ive been trying to setup my Plex-Server on my new TrueNAS but ran into some complications:

I have 2 datasets with the corresponding mount points, lets call them "nas/plexmedia" and "nas/family". Adding "/plexmedia" worked perfectly fine but when i added "/family" "/plexmedia" disappeared out of Plex. When i then removed the mountpoint for "/family" again "/plexmedia" appeared again.

In conclusion only one mount point is shown at a time (which is always the latest added). Is that a limitation of TrueNAS/ Plex or is there something set up incorrectly?

Ukaros

Cadet
to clarify even more: when talking about adding something, I'm of course talking about adding mount points.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
something set up incorrectly?
For sure it must be... you can have many mounts active and working at the same time.

Perhaps you can give us a bit better picture of what you're doing exactly, so we might help to identify what's going wrong.

Ukaros

Cadet
For sure it must be... you can have many mounts active and working at the same time.

Perhaps you can give us a bit better picture of what you're doing exactly, so we might help to identify what's going wrong.
Certainly.

So i have 2 datasets (on the same drives) that i want to mount to Plex. The first one works perfetly fine and Plex finds everything in it.
Screenshot 2022-04-06 185739.png
Screenshot 2022-04-06 185856.png

However, once i add another mounting point, the first one nolonger appears in Plex
Screenshot 2022-04-06 185959.png

Screenshot 2022-04-06 190045.png

Ukaros

Cadet
However, once i add another mounting point, the first one nolonger appears in Plex
undefined
these folders are inside the second mounting point and also work perfectly fine by themselfs

sretalla