Plex user authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@rk

Dabbler
Anyone else having problems getting the user authentication to work in plex? I have identical settings on a mac server and user authentication works fine, this leads me to think its a bug in plex for freenas. I'm using the latest version of freenas with plex installed as a plugin.

D

dlavigne

Can you post screenshots of both the working Mac config and your FreeNAS config?

M@rk

Dabbler
I'm not able to post any screen shots at the moment

But basically I have the plex pass linked to the server and the require local users to authenticate box ticked. But they are never presented with the login screen it just goes straight to the main index page.

Skyfox

Explorer
I'm having the same issue also. The Plex server works flawlessly until I realised that anyone can get full access to the server to change setting, download etc without even being logged in!

As I understand, this is the first version of the plex plugin for FreeNAS, so have to expect a few bugs.

Will watch this thread to see if a solution presents itself.

Cheers!

cliffboss

Dabbler
Just a note, it looks like the author of the plugin left a copy of his/her Preferences.xml file in the plugin. This has the remote security turned off.

To correct this do the following:
  1. SSH into the Plex jail
  2. cd /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/
  3. rm Preferences.xml
  4. restart the jail (You also may need to clear your browser cache)
  5. Navigate to the Plex Server Web Page
  6. It should now prompt to run through the first time setup
  7. Your authentication should now work :)
The Plex team has stated they are going to contact the plugin author to get this resolved.

Hope this help.

Skyfox

Explorer
Yep, have been following it over there. Solution worked perfectly. Looking back, I don't think I even got the first run daemon when I first installed it.

M@rk

Dabbler
I have tried the fix, problem i have now is i do not get the setup screen i just get asked to login. and if i login with my plex pass i get the error you do not have permission to access this server. I have tried reinstalling several times but still the same issue.

Skyfox

Explorer
Have you tried deleting the whole jail and starting afresh that way?

I have seen a few issues with Plex similar to this if the port isn't forwarded correctly, can you check that?

Can you get to the settings in the Plex server at all?

M@rk

Dabbler
yes ive deleted the whole jail and started again same problem. I cannot get to the settings at all. strange unless the package has been changed i cant see any reason this would now happen.

Nayr1991

Cadet
yes ive deleted the whole jail and started again same problem. I cannot get to the settings at all. strange unless the package has been changed i cant see any reason this would now happen.

hey,
i noticed this same thing if try access plex first time using an external link(i usually use a link that points to my external ip and is passed on to plex via port forwarding).
try accessing from a machine on the same network via the direct url (jailip:32400/web)

Status
Not open for further replies.