Plex unofficial plug-in file path

sp00nlude

Dabbler
Hi,

I've looked across the forums here and also on reddit and plex but cannot find the information to help me. I am trying to install Sub-Zero on my plex media server. I have it installed under an iocage jail.

I've FTP'ed the Sub-Zero.bundle file to where I think it should go /mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root/config/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
But obviously this is wrong since I do not see Sub-Zero showing under my plex server's agent list.

For those of you who have setup plex on iocage, where is the correct path to install the plug ins?

Thank you

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
/mnt/iocage/jails/plex /root/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

sp00nlude

Dabbler
Thank you, but I do not see a plexdata directory under /mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root/usr/local

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
How did you install Plex?

sp00nlude

Dabbler
I followed the steps outlined in this guide. For the path I used /mnt/storage/apps/plex. I checked under that but I still don't see a plexdata. This is the closest I can see to Plug ins. /mnt/storage/apps/plex/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins but after copying sub-zero there and restarting plex I still do not see the sub zero agent.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That's a non standard installation of plex and I don't know why anyone would follow that. Installing the Plex package is so simple that anyone should be able to do it. It literally takes 3 commands to install it and get it running in a standard jail once you've created it. pkg install plexmediaserver sysrc "plexmediaserver_enable=YES" service plexmediaserver start.

If someone can't do that @danb35 has a script that automates the entire installation.

sp00nlude

Dabbler
I believe the guide was started before 11.1 (at least that was when I started converting my warden jails to iocage jails). As you might recall, back then the "new" UI wasn't very stable and most of the steps in the script were to create the jail and setup mounts and permissioning. I'm not sure what is unusual about the steps in that guide. Are you suggesting that I recreate a new jail and pkg install plexmediaserver? BTW, I can't access @danb35's script is it still up?
Thank you.

sp00nlude

Dabbler
I created a new instance of plex and I do see the path you referenced earlier. However, I FTP'ed the files to /mnt/iocage/jails/plex2/root/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins and restarted the jail. After logging in I still don't see the sub-zero in the agent list...

danb35

Hall of Famer