Plex unable to transcode MKVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nega

Cadet
Hello all,

I am running FreeNAS 9.3 (using the latest autoupdate files), and am having a tough time getting Plex working.
I have tried both the Plex plugin, as well as a plain FreeBSD jail install types. Both seem to yield the same results.

When I attempt to transcode an MKV file (using the web interface, or chromecast, android, etc.) the screen just stays black. I can successfully transcode other formats, and if I use Plex HT, with Direct Play, everything works without issue.

I have been testing with Plex versions 9.11.4 and 9.11.6

I have looked at Bug # 7045 and checked my jails to confirm I have the lo0 set up correctly.

Any thoughts?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
sounds like a plex issue not a freenas issues. Did you try the plex forums?

krikboh

Patron
Working fine for me. What's your hardware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nega

Cadet
sounds like a plex issue not a freenas issues. Did you try the plex forums?
I haven't yet. I figured I would try here first because it might be something obvious with the plugin.

Working fine for me. What's your hardware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supermicro X9 board, Intel i3-3220, 16GB ECC RAM, 10x WD RED 2TB, 10x Seagate Green 2TB, 16GB ZIL SSD, 40GB L2ARC SSD.

I have been looking at the Plex boards, and haven't seen much. Everything was working fine on FreeNAS 9.2.1.9. About a week after upgrading to 9.3, transcoding died. Like I said I have tried rebuilding the jail, and adding another plugin.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Does CPU usage increase when you try transcoded a mkv?

Nega

Cadet
Does CPU usage increase when you try transcoded a mkv?
Yep, CPU shoots up, a temp file gets made in /tmp/ in the jail, and everything seems like it should be working. I have found that the temp transcode file that gets generated does not grow in size, it stays very small.

Nega

Cadet
Well, the problem seems to have solved itself after a couple of days. Everything is working as it should be now!

Status
Not open for further replies.