Plex Symlink for Transcode/Sync+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzaj

Explorer
Within plex there is an option to change the transcode location, I did this with a spare 256gb ssd. I want to also offload the Sync+ folder to this drive (or my main pool) as my apps drive only has about 100gb left, when syncing multiple items it will throw an error due to disk space usage.

I have my transcode storage in the jail mounted and the transcoding offload works fine. I tried to add a symlink through the console in the plex jail using: "ln -s "/titan/transcode/Transcode/Sync+" "/config/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode"

symlink.png

However after doing this and trying to sync I get an error that the server cannot write the files. I changed permissions on the transcode pool to 777 and it still throws the same error. I can navigate to this location within the jail. What am I missing?

I also tried creating the symlink from the main console using "/mnt/ssd/apps/Plex Media Server" ... and it gives the same unable to write files error within plex.

Any help appreciated.

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
Empty the folder where the sync items are and mount the storage to the jail using the provided tool for adding storage to a jail. You don't even need to change the directories in Plex. Just empty them and then use those as the attachment points. Just create a link for every directory you want to redirect.

bigzaj

Explorer
Yep. Simple and effective. I mounted the storage to the Cache/Transcode within the app config and removed the transcode folder option in Plex, now both Transcode Sessions and Sync+ are offloading to this drive. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.