Plex sees NFS share, but no subfolders

sgt_jamez

Explorer
Please be gentle, I've had a long day trying to restore things after rebuilding my main storage pool, and things I had working are now giving me fits.
The answer is likely simple and I am too tired to see the light. Please help if you know how to solve this...
I have a media folder /mnt/pool/media. It's shared as SMB and also NFS.

I have the TrueCharts version of Plex installed and the setup for additional app storage I have the NFS share path and its mount path is /filez.

When I open Plex and go into the Libraries setup, I can see /filez but none of the subfolders.

I tried mounting the NFS share in Windows 10 I get access denied when I try to change to that mount drive letter. I have no idea how to fix this.

I just ran a test and created a Generic dataset, copied a movie folder into the dataset, created an NFS share and edited Plex accordingly. The movie folder shows up. So I think I have a permissions issue. The media folder was originally created as an SMB dataset.

How can I fix this?

indivision

Guru
This is difficult for a third party to troubleshoot over the internet because there are so many possibilities.

These are my two recommendations:

1. Turn off SMB entirely and re-test without changing anything else. There are relatively new measures in place to prevent accessing shares through apps that can also be accessed with SMB. I haven't seen a situation that results in no folders but files available. But, I think this is worth testing quickly.

2. More likely, a parent folder for media doesn't have needed permissions. Try loosening the permissions of the folders containing your shared folder. That may fix the issue. Just don't forget to go back and dial the permissions back for security afterward.