Plex retained collection data after format

Phe0nix

Explorer
I have been getting IOC faults and 1st thing i tried was to reformat my boot drive ( Kingston SSD ) and reinstall 11.2 U7 and i backed up
my Plex Media and Metadata directories from the jail. After installing plex on the formatted drive i still had my collections. I don't see any
difference and never had to restore the Media folder or Metadata . Any ideas how this happened

NugentS

MVP
Did you recreate the pool or just import it?

Phe0nix

Explorer
I didn’t know you could export/import the pool.
I didn’t do either. I inserted my USB with the FreeNas installer on it and formatted both SSD boot drives and once the install was complete I logged into FreeNas and imported the backup config file and after it restarted everything was just there..

On a side note Asrock support just emailed me saying the IOC faults are my hard drives. I may be
Replacing my hard drives. If so can I install new drives and create a new pool for my replacement drives and import my pool from my old drives ?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Neither the jails nor any of their data is stored on the boot device, so this doesn't sound particularly surprising. What sounds somewhat unusual is that you would have had to (re)install Plex at all.

Phe0nix

Explorer
Neither the jails nor any of their data is stored on the boot device, so this doesn't sound particularly surprising. What sounds somewhat unusual is that you would have had to (re)install Plex at all.
I’m sorry I wrote I reinstalled Plex . I only reinstalled FreeNas. I was thinking it was installed on my hard drives. It's too much data so it has to be installed on a hard drive and clearly it's not on the boot drive as i would be gone after a format. Thanks for the info.

I may end up replacing my drives because i've been having issues with them. I have my plex Media and Metadata directories backed up . Is this all
i need to backup to restore plex on new hard drive ? I guess i won't need my FreeNas config file i've backed up if i'm replacing my drives ?